Download the Policy here: PRIVACY STATEMENT
Banff Lodging Co. (BLC), and all operating divisions, respects your right to privacy and values our relationship with you, the individual. We recognize and appreciate that you may have provided, and over time may continue to provide us with personal information such as your name, date of birth and contact information, information relating to sales or inquiries, financial details and demographics; or indicated interest in specific travel and tourism related products. In securing this data, BLC respects and makes every effort to uphold your need for confidentiality. This ‘Privacy Statement’ is intended to provide clarification of how, why and what type of personal information BLC collects in the course our day-to-day operations.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
- BLC will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those outlined below, except with your consent.
- BLC will make every effort to protect your personal information against loss or theft.
- BLC will make every effort to safeguard your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- BLC will endeavour to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as possible for the purposes identified above.
- BLC will respect your request to access personal information in as timely fashion as reasonably possible.
WHY WE ASK FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may ask for and use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To assist in delivering the products and services you have requested.
- To improve our customer satisfaction levels and maintain a responsible relationship with you.
- To understand your needs and preferences in an effort to serve you better.
- To manage and develop our business, product and service offerings.
- To satisfy regulatory obligations and legal requirements.
- To assist in issues relating to your personal safety.
WAY YOU PROVIDE US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are a number of ways we gather personal information. Personal information shall be retained as long as necessary to provide the services requested and fulfill all administrative requirements resulting from your request.
- By making a reservation with us
- By participating in any loyalty program operated BLC.
- By completing and returning customer satisfaction surveys and comment cards.
- By requesting brochures or information.
- By participating in a marketing campaign.
- By visiting our web site. As a practice, user sessions are logged but NOT linked to any personally identifiable information. Also, BLC websites use Google Conversion Tracking to identify sales conversions from various online campaigns. You remain anonymous unless BLC deems it necessary to identify you for the purpose of protecting our service, site, users, or others. General information collected includes: pages viewed, the page from which you arrive at a BLC site, the date and time of your page view(s), your browser type and version, the name of any files you request, length of visit, and other such non-identifiable details. This information provides BLC with the means to effectively evaluate information presented and improve our services to you. The only information collected that is used to identify you is that which you give voluntarily. When you submit a question or comment, you may be asked for your name and/or email address, or other information. This information is only used to process and respond to your question or comment. The personal information you submit through the web site is secure once it reaches the BLC server. In transit between your computer and the server; however, it may not be secure.
- By applying for employment through BLC’s website(s). As is the case with visiting our web site, the personal information you submit is secure once it reaches the BLC server. The only information collected that is used to identify you is that which you give voluntarily. This information is only used to process your employment application.
- By entering one of our physical locations. For security purposes, BLC buildings and property may be equipped with video equipment. Information collected through the use of security surveillance is secured and only used in the event an unlawful act occurs at that location.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your name, email address or any other information you may have shared, or choose to share with us in the future, will never be sold, traded, rented, given away or used for any other purpose than to provide you with the information or services you have requested or as required by applicable law.
BLC may have occasion to use and disclose (including outside of Canada when reasonably necessary) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the services you have requested; this may include the disclosure of required personal information to third parties as deemed necessary to fulfill your request
- To complete necessary activities to administer those services
- To conduct research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys and evaluations (unless you have opted-out)
- To deliver requested benefit and/or product information (unless you have opted-out)
- To satisfy credit reporting and fraud checking agencies
- To satisfy debt collection agencies, if you fail to pay monies owed to BLC
- To provide assistance in an emergency that threatens life, health or security of an individual
- To provide government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies with information where the disclosure is required or authorized by law.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESSING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you prefer that we do not use your personal information to alert you to special travel and tourism-related activities or marketing campaigns to increase the awareness of BLC and its product offerings, you may request that we remove you from all such contact lists. You may automatically ‘Unsubscribe’ to email broadcasts at any time by clicking the “Manage Subscription” or “Unsubscribe” links found at the bottom of all BLC email broadcasts. Follow the instructions provided to unsubscribe and be removed from our list(s).
If you wish to opt-out of or provide us with updated information for other BlC communications, not related to the email campaign, you may choose to contact us directly through any of our divisions or email. You may also reach us by mail at Privacy Officer, Banff Lodging Co, P.O. Box 1070, Banff, AB. T1L 1H8. Please be advised that although the withdrawal of your consent will be respected and processed immediately, it is possible you may receive promotional material that had already been scheduled prior to receipt of your withdrawal.
It is understood that if you do not notify BLC, we will consider you to have consented to our continued use and disclosure of your information as outlined within this Policy Statement. At all times, it is your choice whether or not you provide us with your personal information.
Access to Further Information
BLC is committed to protecting information under our control and has designated a Privacy Officer who ensures our compliance with regard to the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
To inquire about BLC’s privacy practices, provide feedback or comments or inquiry about access to your personal information, contact us.
BLC reserves the right to update or modify this Privacy Statement at any time. BLC and all of their affiliated operations assume no liability for interpretation, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. While every effort to provide clarification and further explanation of this Privacy Statement shall be made, BLC will assume no liability for individual interpretation of this Statement.
WEBSITE INFORMATION COLLECTION & PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We want online visitors and customers to feel secure and confident that when they share with us their personal information we will act in a professional and accountable manner. Throughout our website we may gather personal information in order to fill the needs of the visitor and customer. In many cases, it is to further communications, fulfill a request, or to complete a transaction. Here is a list of the technology, policies, and procedures we have in place to protect this personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION & DISCLOSURE
We receive and store any information you enter on our website. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. This information may include your full name, home address, home phone number, email address, etc. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future features for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
All information collected is solely for use by BLC. We will not share this information with any of our partners, suppliers, or agents unless required to satisfy the request or transaction. Also, we will not disclose email address lists for the purpose of unsolicited emails. If you choose to be a part of the BLC email subscription, you can at anytime select to unsubscribe to the service.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION